POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My new desktop image ... : Re: My new desktop image ... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My new desktop image ...
From: Slime
Date: 12 Nov 2004 17:25:09
Message: <41953845@news.povray.org>
> Optically, how can this happen that one
> thing in an area is blurred and another thing in that area is not blurred?

The rays shot for a single pixel of the image all hit the wood in different
areas, but after reflecting off and travelling farther to the sphere, they
converge on about the same spot. So the wood is blurred while the sphere is
not.

This is one of the kinds of results that a post-processed focal blur can't
simulate. =)

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]